You learn about estuaries in terms of their physical features and aquatic inhabitants. Participants also find out about the importance of estuaries and how to protect them.
- catch and release juvenile fish using our environmentally sensitive seine nets to learn about fish breeding nurseries and habitat.
- be involved in estuary watch program of water quality testing
- explore human impacts via the ‘Story of a River’ activity.
- explore the world of invertebrates in the estuary
- play an environmental game on the beach
- explore the flotsam along shore.
|Sites||Anglesea Rivermouth, Aireys Inlet Rivermouth|
|Suitability||Sessions can be modified for middle to upper primary school, as well as secondary school and tertiary groups|
|Cost||$16.50 per student/ person including GST.|
Minimum group charge $247.50
*Add a lighthouse tour! Ask us about extending your activity in Aireys Inlet and including a tour of the Split Point Lighthouse. See our Lighthouse page for information & pricing.