You learn about estuaries in terms of their physical features and aquatic inhabitants. Participants also find out about the importance of estuarine environments and how to protect them. Sustainability is a key theme of this session.
- catch and release juvenile fish using our environmentally sensitive seine nets to learn about fish breeding nurseries and habitat.
- find out the importance of dune systems & how to care for them by creating their own and role playing some significant impacts.
- explore human impacts via the ‘Story of a River’ activity.
- play an environmental game on the beach
- explore the flotsam along shore, and delve into Eco-Logic’s awesome treasure boxes
|Sites||Anglesea Rivermouth, Aireys Inlet Rivermouth|
|Suitability||Sessions can be modified for middle to upper primary school, as well as secondary school and tertiary groups|
|Cost||$17 per student/ person including GST.|
Minimum group charge $255
*Add a lighthouse tour! Ask us about extending your activity in Aireys Inlet and including a tour of the Split Point Lighthouse. See our Lighthouse page for information & pricing.