As we operate our activities outdoors, we require staff and students to be well prepared for a range of weather conditions.
General clothing requirements include:
• sunsmart clothing (ie. not singlets) in summer/warm weather
• warm jumper
• waterproof jacket
• beanie (winter)
• water bottle
• appropriate footwear
- Rockpool Rambles Canoeing & Estuary Discovery activites:
shoes to get wet (eg old runners, Crocs, wetsuit/reef booties- not thongs) without approprite footwear, maybe denied participation
- Junior Ranger & Creatures of the Night activities: comfortable, closed footwear (not thongs)
- FREE Environmental Projects & Dune EduAction: closed footwear (not thongs)
- Lighthouse Tours: comfortable footwear, no thongs
In extreme weather conditions, we can modify your program to follow the same themes. We will negotiate any changes prior to your activity as necessary.
Pre & Post Activity Packs
Pre & Post Activity Packs are available to primary school groups who join our Estuary Discovery, Rockpool Ramble, Junior Ranger and Lighthouse activities.
These packs provide an introduction and then follow-up to our activities, and include some ideas to use in the classroom or camp.
We will email these resources along with your paperwork when you make a booking with us.
More to come soon.